Question
Posted by: CC | 2010/11/18

Can I use this together?

Dear Doc
I am 43 years old, 21 weeks pregnant. I am on the following tablets: .1 Eltroxin + .05 Eltroxin daily, and 1 Inderal LA 160mg daily and my preggie vitamins.

My gynae checked my blood pressure (which was always normal) and said it is too high. She prescribed 3 x a day 500mg Hy-po-tone tablet. For the next 2 days and I must get my blood pressure taken with her today again.

The last 2 days I felt as if ALL my blood has been taken out of my body, I am more than usual very very tired (could not even get my arms above my head to wash my hair last night!).

I read the specifications of the tablets on the internet last night and noted that they say the dosis for the first 2 days is 250mg Hy-po-tone 3 x a day! Did my gynae overdose me????? Can this harm my baby????

Please help.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hypertension in pregnancy is not all that uncommon and you'd certainly not be the first patient your doctor have encountered wit this problem. Hy-po-tone is furthermore an agent of choice in in pregnancy - My suggestion would be not to worry.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/11/22

Reply to pharmacist