Question
Posted by: TTC | 2013-02-20

Can i use antaGolin?

Hi I was just wondering i''ve been diagnosed with PCOS and the doctor put met on Nordette for 4 months and told me that i should lose weight and after i lose some weight he wil put me on fertility pills cause ive been ttc for 2 years, but i want to know if it would be save to use antagolin even if i haven''t been diagnosed with insulin resistence? Please i need some advise i needs to lose atleast 10 kg in 4 months… 

Dear TTC
I cannot really comment on the efficacy and safety of AntaGolin because I have as yet not seen any scientific papers published that confirm that it works for insulin resistance (IR) and that it is safe to use. What is essential if you have been diagnosed with PCOS and also need to lose weight, is that you should consult a registered dietitian as a matter of urgency. PCOS is usually associated with insulin resistance (IR), as you know, which in turn can cause weight gain and vice versa. The correct diet is one of the most important factors in the treatment of IR. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will take your IR, medications and other conditions such as overweight, into account when working out a diet for you, which will be based on low-fat foods with a low glycaemic index (GI). Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. Also click on ‘Food as Medicine' on the Diet Site and then on ‘Type 2 diabetes’. Regular daily aerobic exercise for at least 30 min per day can also help you to improve your insulin and glucose levels, so start doing an aerobic exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). 4 months represents 12 weeks and it should be possible to lose about 0,5 to 1 kg per week, thus 6-12 kg in 4 months.
Holding thumbs for the ttc