Question
Posted by: BELINDA | 2008/07/14

Can I treat this at home

Dear Doc

I have not been feeling well for the last 4 days. Typical flu symptoms and a very sore lungs. My lungs hurt/burn when I breathe and I feel short of breath. The worst symprom is a severe pain between my shouler blades, which I assume is related to the chest infection.

I have some nebuliser meds at home and I have just hired a machine. I am taking Advil CS for the pain and ACC200. I am a asthmatic who is dependant on cortisone to control the astma.

Is the treatment at home sufficient. At what point do I need a doctors examination and will I get better without antibiotics ? Since flu is viral, I dont think I need anything else like antibiotics.

I just feel really ill and short of breath.

belinda

Hi Belinda
I think you should see your doctor - you may need adjustment of your asthma medication and may need antibiotics preventatively.
Dr bets

1
Posted by: anon | 2008/07/14

seriously you sound like you need to see a doc!!!

Reply to anon