Question
Posted by: Nash | 2011/07/01

Can I take Glucophage &  Manna Blood sugar support tablets

Good afternoon Doc,

I have Insulin Resistance and I am currently taking 500mg Glucophage XR. I am now following a detox programme for 7 days and then a low GI diet in an attempt to loose weight. Kindly advise me if I can take the following together with the Glucophage:
Manna Blood Sugar Support 2 x 3 per day
Omega 3 &  6 (Norwegian Salmon and Flax oil) 1 per day
Milk Thistle 2 per day.

Thanking you in advance.

Dear Nash
You can certainly take the Omega-3 (salmon oil) because this can help with insulin resistance. Most people who eat a western diet that contains plant oils and margarine get more than enough omega-6, so it is not necessary to take even more. I would recommend that you first consult the doctor who prescribed the Glucophage or ask your pharmacist if you can take an additional blood glucose-lowering product like Manna Blood Sugar Support. The combination may lower your blood sugar levels to such an extent that you start suffering from hypoglycaemia, which is also undesirable. I cannot comment on the milk thistle because I am not a herbalist. As a dietitian, I would urge you to be careful with the detox programme you intend following because this can also cause havoc with your blood sugar levels. Rather take your Glucophage as prescribed together with a low-fat, low-GI diet, and daily exercise for 30 min a day, to lose weight and get your blood sugar and insulin levels under control.
Take care

3
Posted by: Nku | 2014/10/06

hi Doc, since I have take the Manna blood sugar support every I check my blood sugar it looks very high its worries me so much, what can I do

Reply to Nku
Posted by: Nash | 2011/07/04

Dear Doc,

Many thanks for your reply.

Nash

Reply to Nash

Dear Nash
Take care