Posted by: Fiona | 2009-01-28

Can I take following supplements togethe

IDaily I take 1 Slow-Mag capsule, 4 Threshold RealMSM and 1 Cal-C-Vita - which I dissolve in a glass of water and swallow the tablets down with this - also I take Nuzak at the same time. Firit thing in the morning I take my Eltroxin, before eating anything. And try and ensure I have eaten before I take my " concoction"  as mentioned above... I have heard that some supplements / medications shouldnt be taken together - cld you please advise me if what I take is okay to be taken at the same time?

Many thanks

Dear Fiona
You need the Eltroxin on a daily basis if your thyroid is underactive and I presume the Nuzak was also prescribed by your dr to treat depression, so these 2 medications can be taken together. The use of Slow-Mag and Cal-C-Vita are not contraindicated together with thyroid hormone replacement therapy and antidepressants. I do not know what 4 Theshold RealMSM contains, so cannot comment if this product will interact or not. Ask your pharmacist you will be able to check the ingredients of 4 Theshold RealMSM and determine if they can interact with your antidepressant.