Question
Posted by: Bryd | 2012-11-11

Can i take fertility tablets to fall pregnant once i menopause

Hi there. I just learnt i am menopausing. I missed my period for a month and went back on the pill to get my period back. This worked. I would still like to have a baby and am wondering if taking fertility medication will help fall pregnant in this case. I am 40. I live and work in Johannesburg but am currently overseas temporarily for work and my gynae is unavailable on the phone and the time difference between Canada and RSA does not help. Please advise.

If you are really menopausal it means that all your eggs have been used up and fertility treatment would then not help. You should check on what basis it was said that you are menopausal as you are relatively young.