Posted by: Sandals | 2009-01-14

Can I take Diotroxin?

My husband and I would like to try for a child, I have been on Eltroxin and then Diotroxin for the last year. I would like to know if this will effect my chances of conception and if I do fall pregnant, will I still be able to take it during my pregnancy?

Dear Sandals

I am assuming that you are on Eltroxin and Ditroxin for an under active thyroid. The fact that you are on these medications will not affect your chances of conception providing the dosages are adequate and that your thyroid hormones are being stabilized on these medications. In fact if you have an under active thyroid and are not on these medications then that under active thyroid condition will effect your chances of conception. Generally you would require this medication during your pregnancy as well.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo