Posted by: Rippel | 2010-04-07

Can I sue his family

My daughters father does not work, for the last 10years (gets money sometimes from fools that believes in his deals) he sits at home everyday, and he lives in my house, his family is aware of all of this and doesn''''t do anything to talk to him or help, can I sue them for all the money I spend on looking after him and my daughter, I am so sick and tired of all his excuses, PSE GIVE ME SOME ADVISE...

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Dear Rippel,

I am unclear as to whether you are divorced/separated from your daughter's father? But what I would say to you is why spend money on a lawsuit which will have you spend more money.
It is obvious your daughter's father is lacking ambition and takes advantage of others. It seems also that you are a capable woman since you have been supporting everyone all these years.
You deserve to be happy and have a healthy stable life for yourself and your child. It's time you evaluate your relationship with your child's father. If you are together, it's sounds like it's time to establish your future together? and if you are not together, maybe it's time you set some boundaries in your life.