Question
Posted by: ZINHLE | 2011/01/10

CAN I SUE HIM

We''ve been in relationship for 12 yrs, in customary marriage for 2yrs. I just found out that he is in civil marriage with the other woman. I confronted him and he agreed and promised to update their status. I kept nagging him about itand he eventually moved out and he''s with his wife.we have 3 kids aged 2,3and6.
he now call me names saying that i''m a witch i tried to kill him and separated him from his wife by witchcraft.
he wasted 12yrs of my time and gave me 3 kids. CAN I SUE HIM FOR BRIDGE OF PROMISE?

Expert ImageFamily law expert

You can't sue for breach of promise. You can however apply to nullify the marriage on the basis that he was in a civil marriage at the time.

Bertus Preller
B.Proc; AD Dip L Law
Divorce and Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
W: http://www.divorceattorney.co.za
Twitter: www.twitter/edivorce
Facebook: www.facebook.com/divorceattorneys
Skype: divorceattorney

1
Posted by: family law expert | 2011/01/16

Bertus Preller
B.Proc; AD Dip L Law
Divorce and Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
W: http://www.divorceattorney.co.za
Twitter: www.twitter/edivorce
Skype: divorceattorney

Reply to family law expert