Question
Posted by: linda | 2011/01/07

can i sue for breach of promise?

i have been living with my boyfriend for almost 5 years . We signed a life partnership agreement 3 years ago . and then we got engaged 2 years ago. He owns the house we have been living in . I have taken care of his children and the house hold for 4 years. Once he proposed to me i decided to stay in south africa for good as i was just a temporary resident when we met. He even pushed me to opening a business here as we intended to spend our lives together. He has even been to my family . Now he wants to break the engagement , cancel the partnership and withdraw my residency permit . All this is coming from him wanting to get back with his ex wife. As i have arranged my life together with his, from business decisions to other life decisions may i sue him for breach of promise? and for how much . He owns a house and a business. Thanks

Expert ImageFamily law expert

You can't sue for breach of promise but you can sue ito the life partnership agreement. I have to see the agreement in order to advise you properly.

Bertus Preller
B.Proc; AD Dip L Law
Divorce and Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
W: http://www.divorceattorney.co.za
Twitter: www.twitter/edivorce
Facebook: www.facebook.com/divorceattorneys
Skype: divorceattorney

1
Posted by: family law expert | 2011/01/16

Bertus Preller
B.Proc; AD Dip L Law
Divorce and Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
W: http://www.divorceattorney.co.za
Twitter: www.twitter/edivorce
Skype: divorceattorney

Reply to family law expert