Posted by: Taps | 2009-02-16

Can I still study?

I am a 34 year old female, Personal Assistant in a big company, for about 9 years now. I worked for different institutions. In my different employments I tried to study but never made it to the end. I am really disappointed at myself, I tried HR Management, Project Management but ended up quitting because I failed even though I studied and I became emotional and left the courses, whenever I studied I found courses too difficult and I will have headaches and such. My wish was not to end up being a PA. I just wish to find out why am I being like this and what is the problems usually relating to this. I will register but come time to study I will have the guilt of leaving my child alone, like over the weekends, this is really haunting me that I am nothing else but a loser. I wish to be something better in this world but considering my age its looks like its too late. Please assist with any advice.

Seing a personal counsellor may be a good idea. It sounds as though your attempts at study were motivated by the wish not to be a PA< rather than by any genuien wish to be whatever you were stydying for. Maybe some testing of your skils and interests by a psychologist could help adise you about career moves that would be better suited to you. Do these studies really require you leaving your child alone ? Isn't there someone good you can safely leave the child with, if this is actually essential to attend classes ?