Posted by: stone | 2009-01-05

can i still sex with cervical cancer

Hi there, I might have cervical cancer. Still have to do the cone scope, but i am scared. Pap showed abnormal cells. Not sure what to do.

You can have sex till the time of the cone biopsy.

Posted by: Mandy | 2009-01-06

Hi Stone.

I had LLETZ surgery 8 weeks ago (on Thursday coming) and hubby and I still cannot have sex!!! Hehehe, my poor hubby is walking on the ceiling allready. hehehe. That is unfortunately how long you should refrain from having sex afterwards. I guess it depends on your surgery. I was told that I cannot use tampax or bath or swim for 2 weeks after and not have sex for 6 to 8 weeks after. I had my period 2 days after surgery...what a mess and again 4 days ago. Then I used tampax, but only during the day, at night I used maternity pads. From next month all will be back to normal. Hubby and I both thought it would be better to wait the 8 weeks to have sex as they had to cut quite a big piece out and we want to let it recover for the maximum time given to us. Probably not necessary, but that is what we wanted to do.

I also had pre-cancer cells, in the advanced stage and the biopsy showed that some groups had developed further, so I am very happy that they found it early enough. I am going for a check up in March to make sure all is ok.

Good luck with your procedure. I hope all goes well.

Reply to Mandy
Posted by: cancer_scare | 2009-01-05

Hi stone
I' m also going for a colposcopy soon. Don' t worry, you' re not alone! I know you shouldn' t have intercourse for 2 days before as it makes the test result inaccurate. I' ve also read that sperm can increase the rate at which cancer can spread - not sure whether it' s true.

Don' t stress - you' re doing the right thing by getting checked out. All of the best :)

Reply to cancer_scare
Posted by: Nonnie | 2009-01-05

I know that you shouldn' t have sexual intercourse 2 days before a doctors visit or internal examination.
Seeing as cancer is not contagious, and if it' s not painfull, I' d say you could go ahead.

Reply to Nonnie
Posted by: stone | 2009-01-05

please help

Reply to stone