Posted by: anonymous | 2009-07-10

can i really have children?

i had intercouse with my husband of 3 months with any protection.
he masturbated inside me, and i am in my most fertile period but still i did not get pregnant.
how can u explain this?

Dear Anonymous

The definition of infertility is the inability to fall pregnant with frequent and regular unprotected intercourse for a period of at least 9 months. In other words it may take healthy fertile couple up to 9 months to conceive which in essence implies the natural conception rate per a cycle is in the region of 15%. Therefore it might be unrealistic to expect conception after such a short period of time. If however, there is still no conception after 9 months then I would certainly advise a full and through investigation.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim