Posted by: Daisy | 2009-08-03

Can I leave a dog &  cat alone during the day?

I have a 6mth old kitten. My daughter wants a dog. a friend wanted to give us a 3mth old maltese pup. I don' t have a housekeeper &  there is no one at home from 7:20am until 5pm.

I just spoke to a friend who has a few dogs. She said it shouldn' t be a problem. Her first 2 pets were a kitten &  puppy &  they were great company for each other. She bought her 2nd dog when the cat past away.

Please advise. The dog would certainly have a good loving home with us. We love animals.

Dear Daisy

If you can not spend some time in the day with your dog a would live without one.

Posted by: steph | 2009-08-05

are you people nuts ! Would you prefer cybervet to pander to your conscience and give a nice answer that is unoffensive, as opposed to proper advice? Why get a dog if you dont spend time with it? If you have small kids the situation will most likely be that the dog will be ignored, and then it' ll be naughty because of not being properly taken care of, then when it' s naughty it' ll be punished or re-homed..or you' ll put up a post on cybervet saying you dont understand why your dog is naughty...get it?

Reply to steph
Posted by: Angel | 2009-08-04

i have to agree with you Daisy,that is so unprofessional.and rude.he must apologise

Reply to Angel
Posted by: Daisy | 2009-08-04

I am sure that there are some dog owners that work during the day. Not all dog owners will be able to stay home to spend time with their dogs. Unfortunately, some of us have to work to earn a living.

Cybervet, I don' t think your responses are very well thought of or professional . Or is this shoddy response from someone posing as Cybervet.

Reply to Daisy