Question
Posted by: Maria | 2008/09/18

can i induce labor naturally safely?

When I initially found out I was pregnant, my estimated due date was 12 Oct, I went for a scan this week and it shows that baby is now 3.5kg. Either a large baby of my due dates were incorrect. I am SO uncomfortable and sore already. Would it be unsafe to naturally try and induce labor? The scan estimated my new due date as 24 September. The doc said everything else shows as a full term baby. We havent had an amnio done to check the lungs yet.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Maria
I am not currently practising as a midwife and would rather you ask your midwife or gynae.
Welma