Question
Posted by: Shana | 2010/07/07

can I give normal birth post 2 caesars

I am pregnant with my third child. Two previous was done thru
Caesarian Section as I didnt dilate enough &  babies went into
foetal distress.
Is it possible for me to try for normal birth or will the gynae opt
against it.

After 2 caesareans, the risk of uterine rupture is high and is not recommended.

2

Posted by: Blue | 2010/07/08

My gynae said no. Similar situation to your - first 2 were caesarian and I asked the question on third. He said the risk tha the womb will rapture is too high. In fact I asked the question becasue I though the medical aid would charge me extra if I have a voluntary caesar. He said the caesar s no longer voluntary because of previous caesars. He also said if anybody insists that I can have vaginal birth he would make them sign that they will take full responsibility for everything that might go wrong. It is definetely not advisable.

Reply to Blue