Question
Posted by: Hlamie | 2010-09-30

Can i get preg?

I went for a laparoscopy on 31 Aug 2010 for a cyst removal but i still dont see my periods,havent seen them for 2 years but can only be on my periods when i take the pill....please help...are there any chances a person can get preg even though i dont see my periods? my Gynae also says i must loose weight to reduce my FSH(im weighing 63.4 now and 22yrs old)

Dear Hlamie

If the fact that you are not seeing your period is related to anovulation then you will be able to fall pregnant and may require assistance using either tablets or injections to achieve ovulation. If however if your absence of your periods are related to premature ovarian failure then in this particular case it is extremely difficult and you will be able to get help to achieve a pregnancy.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo