Posted by: ruby | 2011-03-29

can i fall pregnant while breastfeefing and on the pill?

Hi, I had a baby last year august and started taking microval when my baby was 6weeks old, i have been using and breastfeeding until last month. i have also been having my period every second week since the beginning of january. recently i have been feeling movements in my belly and i''ve been tired and irritable. What are the chances of falling pregnant while breastfeeding?

It can happen.

Posted by: PUrple | 2011-03-30

Although breastfeeding supresses ovulation, it can''t be relied upon as a method of contraception. Once your periods return, you are ovulating so can fall pregnant, and as you ovulate before your first period you just don''t know when you are ovulating from.

If you are on microval while breastfeeding you shouldn''t fall pregnant though.

The movement you are feeling is more likely to be muscle twitches. You could be pregnant, but its probably not that likely. Perhaps do a pregnancy test.

Reply to PUrple