Question
Posted by: N Mthwa | 2012/03/10

Can I fall pregnant again?

I''m 26 years old and I found out a few weeks back that I have a cyst on my right tube so I got a bit worried cause I don''t know if this problem will go away or will I have a chance to have a second child. My son is 4 yres old and I want to wait for him to start school then have another baby. the other thing that worries me is that I started my periods at a very early stage and that is my big concern.

Kindly assist

Dear N. Mthwa

The problem of the cyst on the right tube may be an indirect reflection of tubal damage or blockages of your tubes and I would suggest you investigate this as a priority. Tubal evaluation can be done either through an x-ray called and HSG or through a laparoscopic procedure. If the tubes are not affected then the cyst is more likely of ovarian origin (that is from the ovary) or in rare cases it may be an embryological remnant. In the case of being ovarian in origin you should not be overly worried and this can be quiet easily dealt with, without any surgery as long as the cyst is smaller than 5cm. Should the cyst not respond to simple treatment methods then it may be necessary under certain circumstances to have it drained or removed.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2012/03/20

Dear N. Mthwa

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: m.m baloyi | 2012/03/12

Hi! I am a 32 yr old. I was using injection for 03 years and now I am trying for a baby .Can I get pregnant soon as I have leave the injection in 201110

Reply to m.m baloyi