Question
Posted by: Adelaine | 2010/04/07

Can i fall Pregnant

I have an ovary on my left side with no fallopian tube. then on my right side I have a fallopian tube and no ovary. Am i able to fall pregnant naturally. Can the tube reach across from the right side to my left side to pickup the egg from the ovary. If not whats my options to fall pregnant

Yes you can fall pregnant naturally though it may take a bit longer.

2
Posted by: Purple | 2010/04/08

I have no left fallopian tube as it was removed after an ectopic pregnancy. When I did biology at school I thought the fallopian tube ws attached as that is how it looks in pictures, but apparently it sort of floats around in there so it can move across and get the egg from the other ovary.
I fell pregnant 5 months after that and it was in a month when I was ovulating from the left side where I have no fallopian tube.

It can take longer to fall pregnant, and probably will, but it can also happen in your first month of trying.
If you struggle, you can probably be given meds to induce ovulation and then time hwen you have sex to ensure that it is when you are ovulating.
You could also be artificially inseminated if that isn''t working out.
AFter that you would probably have to go to a fertility specialist for further help.

Start by keeping a record of when you have your period and how long your cycle is so that you can estimate when you ovulate and then try to have sex every day or every second day from a few days before, on the day of ovulation and a few days after ovulation every month.
Before I started doing this I thought I had a very irregular cycle, turned out I am very regular indeed, but my cycle is 30 days and not 28 days.
You will have ovulated about 14 days before each period, so calculate when your next period is due, and count 14 days back and that will be your approximate day of ovulation.

I suggest you go and see yoru gynae and chat through all your options and discuss at what point you should seek assistance.

Reply to Purple