Posted by: Bigmamma | 2009-07-09

Can I emotionaly and physiologicaly harm my oldest?

Good day!!
I’ m 7 weeks pregnant with my second child, and was wondering if what I’ m about to do has any influence on my first child’ s emotional and physiological state. She is 14 months old and totally spoiled! She doesn’ t sleep in her own bed and she doesn’ t sleep through the night ether. I am still breastfeeding her at this moment but would like to quit that as well!!
I’ ve done some research about controlled crying and realized that this is my only chance of a normal life style, especially now that the second baby is on the way! While I’ m doing the controlled crying method, I would like to take her of the breast as well, at the same the! But the most important Q is, is this going to have an impact on my first born emotional en physiological? Can this harm my child in the future?
Thank you in advance for your urgent response in this matter!
Have a nice day.
Desperate mommy!

If she is as totally spoiled as you suggest, it has presumably been you and your spouse who have been spoiling her, and with basic simple child discipline measures and trainin, she could learn to behave better. I'm not at all sure hat Controlled Crying is the best move --- maybe consult a local child psychologist for advice on structuring a more kindly and efective way of teaching the older child how to behave more conveniently. The hormonal changes of the second pregnancy could be making it more difficult for you to cope, too, so maybe some attention to your own mood migh be helpful, too

Posted by: Bigmamma! | 2009-07-09

I really dont know!! Dr' s told me too that I cant fell pregnant while breastfeeding but that' s not true! IM PREGNANT!!!!
And the best this of all is I' ve got Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, and with my first child I under went surgery and pills to make me pregnant, but know nothing just GOD himself know how this happend!! Thank you God!!!

Have a nice day!

Reply to Bigmamma!
Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-07-09

How did you fell pregnant as menstruation was gone till after I stopped breastfeeding although the longest was just past a year then the dr. said I' ve to stop?

Reply to Zexeon