Question
Posted by: SB | 2011-04-06

Can I do yoga with a cold?

I have been wanting to start yoga for various reasons : flexibility, fertility, relaxation/de-stressing and general improved fitness &  health.
I have just gotten a mild sinus infection but the worse part of it is that my legs feel like I have just done a hectic step workout at the gym. I am anxious to start yoga for health reasons as for quite a while I have been feeling generally "  not quite well"  but I don''''t want to start just yet if it is not advisable.

Thanks, I look forward to your advice

Expert ImageYoga

I think it is best to wait until your sinus infection passes before you start your yoga practice. However, I know that feeling of just wanting to start something soon when the body just doesn't feel right and you want to make positive changes. If your feelings of tiredness and lethargy persist after your sinus infection, then I would recommend that you start a very gentle yoga practice and take it really slowly and mindfully. I recommend finding a beginners yoga course close to you - first prize would be to find a Satyananda Yoga school or teacher as this really does focus on all the apsects of yoga (not only just the physical postures) which will help your whole body and self to start feeling appreciably better very soon. Good luck!

1
Posted by: yoga | 2011-04-11

Reply to yoga