Posted by: Carla | 2010-02-07

Can I be tested for Sibutramine in my body?

I used Simply Slim for 3 months without problems,but 2 weeks ago I stopped using it,after experiancing very bad Side effects.
I have panic attacs,chest pains,difficulty breatings,bad moodswings,and many more.
I wanted to get my pils tested,after I read that it was tested and some pills contained Sibutramine. The side effects of Sibutramine are alot like the side effects I experiance.
But the test costs R3000-R4000!
Now I would like to know,if there is a blood or urine test that I could take that would test Sibutramine in my body? And if there were such a test,would it stil be detected,since I stopped using Simply Slim 2 weeks ago?

Expert ImageNatural health

Dear Carla

the half life of Sibutramine is 12 hours. this means that after 24 hour the effect of the drug is out of the system. In your case a 2 week period is very unlikely to show any drug in the body. More detailed info on Sibutramine visit :

I would rather spend the money on detoxifying the liver and looking after your health in the long run. If you do have weight issues rather work with a dietician or a health care practitioner who can help get to your ideal weight. There is no easy way for weight loss. This should act as a red flag for other diet products that promises instant results without life style change.

Dr Debbie