Question
Posted by: Carla | 2010/02/07

Can I be tested for Sibutramine in my body?

I used Simply Slim for 3 months without problems,but 2 weeks ago I stopped using it,after experiancing very bad Side effects.
I have panic attacs,chest pains,difficulty breatings,bad moodswings,and many more.
I wanted to get my pils tested,after I read that it was tested and some pills contained Sibutramine. The side effects of Sibutramine are alot like the side effects I experiance.
But the test costs R3000-R4000!
Now I would like to know,if there is a blood or urine test that I could take that would test Sibutramine in my body? And if there were such a test,would it stil be detected,since I stopped using Simply Slim 2 weeks ago?

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Carla

It sounds as if you should consult your GP regarding this issue or ask the medical expert in this forum.

It is important to mention in this forum that Sibutramine is contraindicated in patients with:

1.Psychiatric conditions as bulimia nervosa, anorexia nervosa and depression.

2. Patients with a history of or a predisposition to drug or alcohol abuse.

In future it would be advisable to do us much research about medication before taking it in any form.

Also, discuss it with your GP. Should you suspect that you are a compulsive overeater, there are numerous support groups to join.

If you are interested in a long-term solution to your perceived body issues, you should consider working with a Twelve Step programme.

You could also contact any of the counsellors at Harmony Clinic, who would point you in the right direction.

Phone: 021 790 779 or nicholas.mcdiarmid@harmonyclinic.co.za

1
Posted by: Addictions expert forum | 2010/02/08

Hello Carla

Reply to Addictions expert forum