Question
Posted by: Carla | 2010/02/07

Can I be tested for Sibutramine in my body?

I used Simply Slim for 3 months without problems,but 2 weeks ago I stopped using it,after experiancing very bad Side effects.
I have panic attacs,chest pains,difficulty breatings,bad moodswings,and many more.
I wanted to get my pils tested,after I read that it was tested and some pills contained Sibutramine. The side effects of Sibutramine are alot like the side effects I experiance.
But the test costs R3000-R4000!
Now I would like to know,if there is a blood or urine test that I could take that would test Sibutramine in my body? And if there were such a test,would it stil be detected,since I stopped using Simply Slim 2 weeks ago?

Dear Carla
The Medicines Control Council suspended the sale of Simply Slim on Friday the 5th Feb. I am sorry to hear that you developed such serious and unpleasant side-effects which may well have been caused by sibutramine. Tests done on SS showed that the tablets contain nearly double the amount of sibutramine than used in pharmacological medications which contain sibutramine. There are probably biochemical tests available to check for the presence of sibutramine in the human body, but after 2 weeks the chemical should have been eliminated from your body. If you continue to experience these side-effects then PLEASE consult a medical doctor to assist you with counteracting them. Discuss potential tests (and their costs) with the dr.
Holding thumbs for you

1

Dear Carla
Holding thumbs for you