Posted by: sonja | 2009-02-17

Can I be taking too much Vitamins?

Hi Doc,

Is there a possibility that the vitamins i am currently taking is too much at one go? Can you please advise. At the moment, my daily intake consists of:
2 X eltroxin
2 X biostrath tabs
2 X vena vine
1 X flaxseed
1 X nails, hair and skin complex (nutri or something)

Dear Sonya
Besides the Eltroxin which is essential for the proper function of your thyroid gland and is not a vitamin or mineral, but a hormone replacement, I do think that you are overdosing. The flaxseed is fine, but there is no need for anyone who is not ill, recovering from an illness or who is exposed to stresses like rapid growth to take supplements all the time. The most recent research has indicated that taking too many supplements can be harmful to health. I would recommend that you stick to the Eltroxin and the flaxseed and only take other supplements if necessary.