Posted by: hopeful | 2013-01-10

Can I be pregnant and still have period?

I have had sore breasts for about a month now - not every day but most. I thought originally it might be near my period or perhaps my bra is not fitting as best as it should (I''ve put on quite a bit of weight so possibly the sides are supported enough). I still have the sore breasts - doesnt matter what bra .. also they feel a little heavy at times. I have been nauseous after breakfast most mornings, I did think sometimes it was either the anti depressant I was taking although I would take it at 7pm and then the nausea only started early hours of the next morning. I would wake up at strange hours of the early morning absolutely ravenous - have a snack and go back to bed. Then the nausea would kick in - sometimes I vomit, sometimes not. But lately I vomit about half an hour after eating breakfast - the rest of the day is fine except I get hungry within 1-3 hours of eating. I eat and I feel satisfied, sometimes like I''ve overeaten a bit and then suddenly I''m really hungry again.

Now today I have a bit of a " stitch"  like pain (not really that sore, but just uncomforable) on my lower left abdomen. I am on the pill but only been on it again for about 2 weeks. I had my period a week or two ago but it only lasted about 4 days. Also have had about 6 months of various anti depressants - been off them about a week.

Could I possibly be pregnant? Dont want to do a test until I skip a period as last year I was 21 days late and then suddenly it arrived... can''t handle the disappointment

It sounds more like medication side effects. If you had a period a week ago, then pregnancy would be unlikely.