Question
Posted by: Kitty | 2010/05/10

Can I be pregnant?

I''m 25 years old, 1.73 m tall and weigh 44kg. Is it possible for me to get pregnant? My fiancee and I use the ''pull-out'' method and I''m on Marvelon contraceptive pill. However, I''ve gained 2kg and wonder if I could be pregnant?

Dear Kitty

There is no reason at this stage given the facts that you would necessarily have a fertility problem. It is also unlikely that you could be pregnant unless you have not been compliant with your pill. The nature of your menstrual cycle once you stopped using the pill and the failure to conceive 9 months to a year of regular unprotected intercourse would then signal the need to fertility investigations.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: hayden | 2010/05/26

hi doc,

my wife recently gave birth, 2moths ago. she was given an injection. how long does that prevent pregnancy. we made love and we are afraid this could lead to pregnancy.

her using the pill, will it affect her breastfeeding?

what are the options available to us

Reply to hayden
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/05/21

Dear Kitty

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert