Question
Posted by: Jess | 2009-01-27

Can I be pregnant?

Was wondering if you could shed some light on my situation.
I' ve been experiencing the following symptoms over the last 2 - 3 weeks:

Bloating in lower abdomen
Heavy Constipation
Nausea (not too much, only in the evenings)
Pain in Pelvis area (nothing severe)
Slight Pain in lower back
Fatigue
Feeling woozy

About a week ago, I thought it could be pregnancy, but then I got my period, yet it was little bit lighter and shorter than normal. My period is now over, but I still experience the same symptoms.

I took Pankreaflat, thought it would help with the bloating, but it didn' t. Then I took Dulcolax for the Constipation, and it has helped my bowel, but I' m still experiencing the same symptoms.

Can I be pregnant even if I had my period?
Could it be my Ovaries?

I don' t want to go and test everything unnecessary so was wondering if you could help...

Thanks:)

If you had a light period, pregnancy is a possibility. These symptoms are not suggestive of an ovarian problem.

5
Posted by: Jess | 2009-01-29

Hi guys,

hope you have some further advice for me...

I took a HPT yesterday and it came out negative. I don' t understand what is wrong. I still have the same symptoms, but have also started getting headaches and I' m extremely tired throughout the day. I also have a very high body temp, I feel hot all the time.
I still have heavy constipation and it' s so uncomfortable that I want to take something for it.

But, as you guys said, I shouldn' t be taking random meds if I might be pregnant.

So.. what do I do? Could I have tested too soon? Should I test again in a couple of days and see what happens?

BUT, what do I do in the meantime for relief of constipation and other symptoms?

I really hope someone can help, because I am so lost now...

Thanks!

Reply to Jess
Posted by: Jess | 2009-01-28

Gees, didn' t even think of that, thanks for the advice, Nicky.

Think I' m going to do a HPT today, but what if it comes out negative? That means it could be a false positive or it could be something else wrong with me. What do I do?
Do you think I should I go for a scan/ultrasound?

Reply to Jess
Posted by: nicky | 2009-01-28

wow lady be carefull with those meds you taking it really could affect the baby. I had the same as you and thought i was pregnant but showed up negative only much later just before i missed period for second time i had a positive for HPT. if you are pregnant you probably 4 - 5 and half weeks pregnant those meds could really affect your baby pls be careful.

Reply to nicky
Posted by: Jess | 2009-01-27

Thanks!

I suppose the only way to find out is to take the test!

With the symptoms I described, is there any chance of it being a problem with my ovaries, like cysts?

Thanks :)

Reply to Jess
Posted by: FTM | 2009-01-27

Hi Jess,

You' d have to test to be sure.

The bleeding could have been implantation, hence it being different and shorter.

Please be careful with all the meds you' re trying, if you are pregnant it might be harmful to the baby.

Good luck,

24W5D

Reply to FTM