Question
Posted by: Jess | 2010/08/04

Can I???

I am currently 30weeks preggies. Can I have my ceasar on the 6th of Sept? Will the baby by ok. The baby is currentlt 300g over the normal weight.

You will only be 34 and half weeks on 6th September. The baby should only be delivered then if there is a problem with the pregnancy where the baby would be better of delivered than carrying on to full term.

4

Posted by: Concerned | 2010/08/05

Babies lungs only develop from week 36 to 38, so its not recommended that a C section is done before 38 weeks.

Reply to Concerned
Posted by: me | 2010/08/04

I should hope not!!! even if you baby is " overweight"  for his " age"  you have to wait until AT LEAST 38 weeks. my gynae wont do c sections before 40 weeks. Dont deliver too early it might harm you baby are you really willing to do that??

Reply to me