Question
Posted by: Priya | 2011/08/23

Can he be HIV positive

I have been dated him for 11 months now and our love life seems to be heading to the right direction we have introduced each other to both our families and yeah everythings seems to be okay. We have been using a condom since the day we’ s started having sex. After six months I spoke about doing and HIV test and he did not say much and all that he said was he does not want to do sex without a condom he is acting very responsible and he cares so much about me and my daughter.*it got me worried that statement* Well I did my test and it was negative I showed him the results and he was happy for me. I asked him to do the HIV test and he said he will do it in his own time he does not want to be pushed. He does not enjoy talking about HIV issues. I heard from him when we met that her ex girlfriend was very sick and it was witchcraft and that time she lost a lot of weight.*it got me worried that statement* He couldn’ t tell me why the ex was sick what was wrong and I asked him if they’ ve used a condom with his ex and the answer was NO. He wants us to get married and I want to and maybe plan to have a second child but since I don’ t know his status and since we are fully using a condom I know I cannot have his baby. What should I do how can I convience him to test. Am I maybe in a risk of contracting the disease if maybe there is. And if he is what are the chances of getting infected from sucking his dick without a condom and f he knows he is why is he allowing me to suck him.

Maybe you should post this on the HIV forum, as it's not really a psychiatric question.
But if he insists on a condom, though that is responsible anyway, if his ex gf is very sick and has lost much weight, it's not witchcraft, and could well be AIDS, and if he did not use a condom wih her, there is a real reason to be concerned about HIV issues.
I think it is wise and indeed adviseable that anyone, man or woman, starting a serious relationship with someone, let alone considering marriage, should insist on HIV testing. For a partner to keep this secret is unjustifiable.
But ask on the HIV forum

6
Posted by: K | 2011/08/24

if you believe in witchcraft, I am pretty sure you will not be interested in hearing what a western scientifically-trained specialist has to say?

HIV/aids will stay here, and spread like wildfire in the black population, because you are NOT LISTENING to reason, science and proof.And call it something weird like ''house''....or ''being sick''.

surely you must suspect that he could be positive, and if he is, you will get infected soon?

Reply to K
Posted by: Joyce Ntuli | 2011/08/23

His " Positive" that all.

Reply to Joyce Ntuli
Posted by: In this day and age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | 2011/08/23

lf you are unsure and suspisious of his status why are you having unprotected oral sex? You would have to be dat to carry on like this!

Reply to In this day and age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Romany | 2011/08/23

I cannot believe there are still people out there that will put someone''s D### into their mouths, wihout protection and to top it all, NOT know if that person has Sexually Transmitted Deseases or is HIV positive?
Unbelievalble.

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Heather | 2011/08/23

“ If you really love me and if you really love our future, you will get tested so we can plan PROPERLY” . That’ s all. He doesn’ t want to be pushed, but he’ s already planning children? He has to respect your wishes and in fact it would be in his best interest as well.

Reply to Heather

But ask on the HIV forum