Question
Posted by: Olivia | 2009-11-19

can fruit be dangerous

hey there iam really healthy and fit person i eat lots of fruits and vegetables but recently my diet especcialy during the day is based on fruits...iam really busy person on a high position just dont have time to eat big meals during the day and its just easier for me to grab an apple or pear but recently iam waking up wiith bad stomach aches i heard somewhere that some fruits are containing acids which might cause stomach ache s is that true??

Thanks a lot
Olivia

Dear Olivia
Fruits can contain fruit acids (for example pineapple, etc), but I doubt that your stomach ache is being caused by eating fruit. The acid in the stomach is many times stronger than any acid in fruit. I would suspect that your stressful job may be causing gastritis, ulcers or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). I would recommend that you have a medical checkup to see if one of these conditions is causing the stomach aches so that you can obtain the correct treatment. Once we have a diagnosis we can look at the type of dietary changes you need to make.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2009-11-20

Dear Olivia