Question
Posted by: peggy | 2011/03/18

CAN EGGS AND SPERM SURVIVE IN A WOMAN AFTER HSG scan?

I had intercourse on the last day of my period(sunday) with my husband before he travelled. On tuesday(2 days after),i had my HSG done though some blood was still wiped out,is there any possibility that i am pregnant now? Does the dye kill sperm and eggs during HSG?though i didn''''t take any pain relievers until the day after the HSG,the doctor gave some flagyl,antibiotics,and some pain relievers which i have finished the dosage alongside with the ''''PREGNACARE-CONCEPTION'''' i have been on for about 2 months now my tubes are in order,not blocked.Pls help doc.we want babies.my husband is yet to be back and that sunday was the last sex we had before he travelled.

It would be very unlikely for you to be pregnant after an HSG, though nothing is impossible.

2

Posted by: jacky | 2011/03/19

Hi there - sorry but I dout that you are pregnant since ovulation only takes place 13 - 16 day''s after the 1st day of your period.

Reply to jacky