Question
Posted by: peggy | 2011-03-17

CAN EGGS AND SPERM SURVIVE IN A WOMAN AFTER HSG scan?

I had intercourse on the last day of my period(sunday) with my husband before he travelled. On tuesday(2 days after),i had my HSG done though some blood was still wiped out,is there any possibility that i am pregnant now? Does the dye kill sperm and eggs during HSG?though i didn''t take any pain relievers until the day after the HSG,the doctor gave some flagyl,antibiotics,and some pain relievers which i have finished the dosage alongside with the ''PREGNACARE-CONCEPTION'' i have been on for about 2 months now my tubes are in order,not blocked.Pls help doc.we want babies.my husband is yet to be back and that sunday was the last sex we had before he travelled.

Dear Peggy

Eggs and sperm can survive in a woman after an HSG scan, we have seen many examples where and HSG was performed and pregnancy had still continued without any problems, so yes it is possible for the eggs and sperm to survive after an HSG.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: peggy | 2011-03-19

Pls help Doc,ive heard a woman can get pregnant even when the intercourse was had during her period,reason probably because she ''came'' during the intercourse. I and my hubby came.i came first then ,he came.pls help Doc.

Reply to peggy