Question
Posted by: Concerned sister | 2011-05-27

Can drooping eyelid be corrected

Dear CD, my brother had cataract surgery to his eye about 5 years ago, but due to a botched procedure, he has one drooping eyelid. He is in his late 20s and has serious self esteem problems, partly due to his eye and other greater factors. He is seeing a psychologist to deal with these issues. Is there any surgery that could correct his eyelid and what are the risks?

Yes, it can be surgically corrected and he can consult an opthalmologist for the procedure. Risks are minimal and the results are usually pleasing.

2
Posted by: Megan | 2011-05-28

Yes it can be done by a plastic surgeon. The eye won''t look EXACTLY the same as the other one, but it will be better.

Reply to Megan
Posted by: Aneline | 2011-05-27

I am sure a plstic surgeon can correct this. Ask your GP for a referral.

Reply to Aneline