Question
Posted by: Lynn | 2010/08/24

Can douching prevent pregnancy

Hi There
For the last year I have suffered quite frequently from yeast infections. My GP said it could be from being on the Depo injection for so long(12years) that has caused some changes internally which now makes me susceptible to this. It could also just be the semen which is alkaline not accomodating with the pH of the vagina (acidic) and thus resulting in the infection. My Gynae suggested a very mild douche to use to try and prevent this as we are now trying to get pregnant.
My Question is: will douching not wash the sperm away and should I douche before or after?

Have a look at the Top 5 questions for ways of preventng recurrent thrush. I don't believe that douching will help.

4

Posted by: Lynne | 2010/08/24

Hello Dee
it is something you can get from the pharmacy that is marketed to assist with feminine hygiene, it is suppose to be pH balanced and does not contain soap-no medicine type ingredients. I unfortunately forgot the name...but thanks for the advice regarding the bicarb.

Reply to Lynne
Posted by: Dee | 2010/08/24

What are you douching with? You can use a bicarb douche a few hours before intercourse which makes you less acidic. Dont douch afterwards.

Reply to Dee