Posted by: jem | 2009-01-15

Can doc be wrong?

Hi There,

I have resorted to write to you because I have been to 2 doctors 3 times &  I still feel that something is wrong...

For the past year, I have had a smelly discharge right through the month &  the first time I went to the doc, she diagnosed it as a vaginal infection. I took all the necessary medication, it went away for a week &  then came back again.

I then went to another doctor who prescribed different medication but it still persisted. I then went back to the other doctor, who confirmed that it is normal &  I have a healthy vagina free of infection?

Not sure what to do now because it has affected my sex life &  intimacy with my husband &  not sure what to do. I am 27 &  have been on the pill for about 9 years (not sure if that matters)

Please help

There are differnt types of infection. The easiest way to sort it out is to ask your doctor to take a swab and send it to the lab.