Posted by: zena | 2009-11-11

Can Dalacin cause infection?

I was on a trip where we spent large amounts of time driving or flying and bathroom visits were few and far between.

When I came back home, I had a urinary tract infection and also a vaginal infection (which my doctor suspects was caused by the urinary tract infection).
He prescribed cefasyn 500 and Dalacin VC.
This seemd to help, but now, a bit more than a week after I stopped using Dalacin VC, I' m experiencing itching and burning. There is also swelling and redness.
There is some white discharge, but not much.
I also don' t have abdominal pains or any pain inside the vagina.

Side effects listed on Dalacin VC are C albicans. T. Vaginalis overgrowth, symptomatic cervicitis and vulvar irritation.

I haven' t been sexually active since before I received treatment (Dalacin and antibiotics).

Could the Dalacin VC have caused the problem and what do I do now? I read somewhere that ph levels can also play a role. Would lowering my intake of foods that promotes acidity in the body help?

See below.

Posted by: Fiona | 2010-02-11

I have a similar problem to what you are experiencing now, however I did not have any infections before, i went for routine pap smear and he said i had an internal infection (which i never felt at all) and prescribed dalacin, after using for 3 days i became super sensitive and sore so i stopped, this has continued for nearly 3 weeks now, very irritating since there was nothing wrong before. how are you treating it now?

Reply to Fiona
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2009-11-13

See below.