Question
Posted by: BRENDA | 2010-12-13

CAN ANYONE URGENTLY HELP PLEASE

Does anyone know if there are any doctors that still do house calls? Alberton or surrounding areas?

Hallo Brenda
There are - but few. You may have to ask a GP in your area if they are willing to come out to your house if the patient can't be moved.

3
Posted by: BRENDA | 2010-12-13

Thanks for your response, my doctor retired last year at the age of 76 and still did house calls, why are other doctors so lazy today? Problem is getting this person down 13 fire escape narrow stairs, ambulance cost is R1800.00 no money so makes situation worse!

Reply to BRENDA
Posted by: Sue | 2010-12-13

not as far as I know, your only option is to call an ambulance or take the sick person through to casualty yourself. The last time I heard of doctors doing house calls was in the late 70''s. Unfortunately it doesn''t happen anymore.

Reply to Sue
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-12-13

Hallo Brenda