Question
Posted by: Desi | 2010/03/07

Can antihistamines/cortisone affect heart health in Yorkshire Terriers

I have a Yorkie male about 5kg with a very bad skin. We have not determined exactly what is causing the allergies. The vet said it was most likely flea bites and grass, though I try and keep him flea free with Frontline but can''t keep him off the grass. He was put onto Allergex for a while, but that didn''t help, so was then given a cortisone injection. That didn''t help either. He then had an antihistamine injection which did help him for a month, but I find now he seems to be getting tired very quickly when we go walking and I have to carry him home. He is only 4 years old, so should not be tiring from age. Is it possible his heart has been affected by all the medication?

Dear Desi

Unlikely

1
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/03/07

Dear Desi

Unlikely

Reply to Cybervet