Question
Posted by: nom | 2010-10-08

can abusive husband change

im in a relshp with abusive husband for past 4yrs. i hav complained to his family and they discuss with him to sort things out. he said he will change

im scared, cud that person change. any1 in similar situation plse assist.

With an abuser as with an alcoholic or drug addict - promises may be part of the necesary response, but are NEVER EVER enough === it is far too easy to promise, without ever genuinely trying to change. Only if they become sincerely involved in therapy is there a realistic possibility of actual change.
Rather call an agency like POWA that helps abused women, to consider a safe way of getting out of this situation

4
Posted by: Red | 2010-10-13

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY DON''T CHANGE AND THEY NEVER WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Red
Posted by: Mental Guy | 2010-10-11

i think you have heard the expression that only a miracle can change him, the mere fact is, that abusers don''t change, and then if it does happen that he change, then the damage has already being done, in other words on the end of the day your paths will go into their own directions, my opinion is to let go of this relationship, before you will suffer more.

Reply to Mental Guy

Posted by: XXX | 2010-10-08

I don''t know the answer to this BUT I would not accept even one day of abuse,let alone 4 years.

Reply to XXX