Question
Posted by: simubongile zodwa | 2010/04/06

can a HIV person do diet?

can a HIV person do diet?if yes what type of diet or foods should she or he eat?

Dear Simubongile
I presume you are asking if someone living with HIV can go on a slimming diet? if so, then the answer is perhaps depending on the patient’s condition and only under the supervision of a dietitian. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. Using unbalanced slimming diets can make the patient's condition deteriorate, so please don't try losing weight without the guidance of a dietitian.

1

Dear Simubongile