Posted by: Motlalentwa | 2012-01-26

can a GP prescribe tranquilizers

Last year I went for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for the tream of anxiety, the therapy was mostly done in a hypnosis manner. the therapy did produced some positive results as my confidence levels has improved though I am still experiening a feeling of fear when faced with certain situations. can a GP prescribe tranquilizers

Yes, a GP can prescribe tranquilizers. Ativan 1mg SL is a good product to use, especially when acute anxiety is experienced. Tranquilizers are not for long term treatment. A product like Cilift can be beneficial for the long term treatment of anxiety disorder. It is not a tranquilizer but an anti-depressant.