Posted by: Tracy | 2012-06-25

Campix Advise Please

I recently started taking Champix and my stop date is coming up soon. Since starting Champix my side effect have been headache, constipation and a change in taste. I have been reading up on Champix and I am VERY worried about the mood changes experienced by some people. I suffer from bi-polar and am on medication for it. I told my GP and she said that Champix should not be a problem. I have been taking Champix for a week and a bit and have not experienced any mood changes to date. Will this change? I have already noticed a marked change in my cravings to smoke and would ideally like to stay on Champix - but only if it is safe.

Expert ImageStop Smoking Advice

Hi you are quite right to be concerned about this, but I think it's safe to stay on Champix with your doctor's go-ahead. Just but be sure to tell her immediately about any mood changes or other worrying symptoms.

Posted by: Daz | 2012-08-24

Hi all users,

i am 5 months in the clear after using champix. i also had the side effects of feeling sick, not sleeping, and stomach issues.
Chat to your GP. I changed when i took the pills. After a good brekka (as above) night pill no later than 7pm. All this helped.
I tried an experiement with the doc on the last month and substituted champix for welbutin which for me worked amazingly well.
No side effects and 1 pill a day.
Overall i can say with confidence champix is a winner. I have tried with no luck before and this was relatively painless.

Bottom line though, you still have to have the will power.

Reply to Daz
Posted by: bianca | 2012-07-19

Hi Kim,

I quit after 20yrs smoking using champix. The nausea is terrible I know. What I did to curb it was make sure I ate a substantial breakfast before taking the champix. Just stick with it, if you are determned it goes by quicker than u think.

Reply to bianca
Posted by: kim | 2012-07-11

Good day,

I am on my first week of doubling up on tablets morning and evening. I am 14 days into taking the tablets and am feeling terrible. Once I take my first table after breakfast I start with the symtoms. I get light headed and feel as though i have a hang over, naesea kicks in and feel like this until after lunch time. The symtoms seem to fade away until i take the next tablet. Should i continue taking the tablet.

Reply to kim