Question
Posted by: Anxietychick | 2010/05/03

Camcolit

My psychiatrist added Camcolit (lithium) as as " mood booster"  to my normal Cymbalta, and Azor (I suffer from sever anxiety and depression) about a week ago. But since starting the Lithium, I cannot stay asleep for more than 20 minutes at a time, even while taking a sleeping tablet - Dormicum.

OK, maybe you misunderstood the explanation. Lithium is not a mood booser - that is, it is not an antidepressant, but it is an effective mood stabilizer, helping to reduce unpleasant mood swings ( so its used in treating bipolar disorder ). I'm not sure why it would cause you to have sleep difficulties - do discuss this with your prescribing psychiatrist, who would surely want to re-assess the situation

1