Question
Posted by: pixitails | 2010-09-12

Calves sore

I started to gym on Friday and I also started to train for the Shape Mag 10km challange. I am rather unfit and havnt been doing continous/ straineous training for a very long while. All and all I feel allright after 3 days of training. But my calve are killing me and there is no way I can not gym or train tomorrow. Is there any cream or something I can apply to bring relief and help me continue my training schedules?
Thanx!

Hi Pixtails

No, unfortunately not. The muscle pain is normal. It doesn't help to know that, and I'm sure you don't want to hear that! But you're suddenly doing a new activity, and the loading on the calf muscles is completely different. Without getting too technical, your calves are landing and catching your body weight against gravity, and that's pretty demanding on the muscles.

So it will take time, so just pull back a little. And your calves will get stronger and then you'll be able to run more regularly.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010-09-15

Hi Pixtails

Reply to fitnessdoc