Posted by: Lucy | 2009-09-20

Hi...thanks for free advise you offer.

Please advise on the ff: I have extremly thin legs (from the knee down). Please advise the best thing to build them up. Also (I know this is extreme,but just curious to know). Do you know of anyone that has has calf implants done?

Hi Lucy

No problem, happy to help.

I'll start at the end - I don't know anyone who has had calf implants, no. So I can't comment on that at all.

In terms of what to do, it's difficult because the calves are really very difficult to build if you're "genetically wired" not to have bigger calves. So a lot of what I'm saying here is "textbook" but the truth is that they may or may not work. Things like calf raises are effective to target the calves, but I've found that the most effective exercise is the one that forces you to change direction often. Sports like tennis, squash and hockey do this.. So would taebo, or aerobics at the gym. The stairmaster at the gym is pretty good for the calves too, so you might make use of that. All of this, as I've said, is what "SHOULD" work, not what will work.

Posted by: Zub | 2009-10-05

It' s a though, but I' ve been a cyclist for the last couple years as a fitness thing and I' ve found that the cycling itself was enough to make my calves bigger.

I' m a bit of a purist and I dunno, implants sounds dangerous and frivolous when you can naturally boost your body' s strength and looks with exercise.

Just a layman' s opinion here but I feel it was worth mentioning.

Reply to Zub
Posted by: \ | 2009-10-05

Reply to \