Posted by: Lilian | 2011-02-18

Not sure that I am posting my question to the right person but the fitness expert doesn''t seem to be answering any questions at the moment.
I recently started gym and have developed callouses on my hands. I wear gym gloves. How can I get rid of them and prevent them from coming back?

The calouses are thickening of the skin due to abbrasion and friction caused by barbells and dumbbells. Try replacing these exercises by exercises using wrist strap connected to the weights. Alternatively, you can add more padding by either using soft sponges, instead of gloves or gloves with more padding on the inside of the palms. Soaking your hands in water and applying lotion, should keep the skin nice and soft.