Question
Posted by: Semanthe | 2011/01/31

Calories per day

Hi Docter,

I want to find out how much calories do I need to take in per day, some people say 1200 and other say 1500. Where can I find a proper calorie list?

Hope you can help.
Thank you.

Regards,
Semanthe

Dear Semanthe
In general, nutritionists recommend that adult women should take in 1500 kcal per day (6300 kJ/day) to lose weight without starving themselves and developing cravings or deficiencies. If you click on 'Diet'nFood' at the top of this page and then on 'Tools' you should be able to access a Calorie Counter.

2
Posted by: Yolande | 2011/02/01

Hi Docter
Do you also work out how much calories you need to eat in a day if you want to loose a certain amount of weight.
My weight is 90kg, my height is 1,64m and I want to weigh
65kg in the end.

Can you please help me with this.

Yolande

Reply to Yolande

Dear Semanthe