Question
Posted by: Denise | 2010-06-18

Calories in a cappuchino

Approximately how many calories are there in an average cappuchino (made with milk, not cream), e.g. a Mugg &  Bean or Woolies cappuchino?

Dear Denise
I don't have the actual recipes used by Mugg & Bean, etc, but cappuccino is basically an infusion of coffee in water (which contains no kJ) and warm frothy milk. If your cappuccino is made with half hot water and half full-cream milk (125 ml milk and 125 ml water plus the coffee infusion), then it would contain 320 kJ. Each teaspoon of sugar you add will increase the energy value by 81 kJ.
Hope this helps

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-06-19

Dear Denise
Hope this helps